The Covid-19 pandemic posed a plethora of challenges before humanity – economic slowdown, lockdown, job crisis, and many more. The biggest challenge faced was by businesses/workplaces across the world, as they are struggling to have an environment where they could be more productive without being physically present at the workplace.
As the Pandemic hit the world many individuals are working from home (WFH) more than ever, and the trend is expected to grow in the future, even the post-pandemic phase.
To safeguard employees from the outbreak many Companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Anthem, Cisco, CVS Health, Dell, Humana, Johnson & Johnson, JPMorgan Chase, Novartis, SAP, Thermo Fisher Scientific, UnitedHealth Group, Wells Fargo, Chevron, Target, etc., have beseeched their employees to work from home as a precautionary measure against the rapidly spreading disease.
The Novel CoronaVirus killed millions of people across the globe and the spread is still continuing. So, many companies in the interest of the employees have decided to continue the work from home policy for their employees until June 2021.
We cannot deny the fact that the majority of this year has been very tough for almost every business. The spread of the pandemic pushed us to reevaluate the safety of our employees and also to make sure about the business continuity. We came across many doldrums in our businesses this year, millions of employees are working remotely and millions turned jobless.
How technology is helping work from home?
- Employees can work as per their convenience.
- Employees can communicate with each other using technology.
- Tracking the productivity of every employee has become easier.
- Increases network security.
- It helps in Self-evaluation for the employees.
- Improves data security.
- Instant Communication tools are easily accessible.
- Project management platforms.
- Digital Assistants.
- Access to training and information needed to get succeeded in remote transition.
With changing employee expectations, there are several businesses and social drivers that make incorporating a work from home strategy more attractive for the employers
- Work from home employees reports higher productivity and reduced stress levels.
- Employers can reach a much larger labor force with a deeper pool of talent and highly specialized skills.
- Studies have shown Work from home employees is more engaged with their job and employer.
Benefits of Working from Home:
- Better Work-Life Balance.
- Less Commute Stress.
- Location – Independence.
- Improved Inclusivity.
- Money Savings.
- Positive Environmental Impact.
- Impact on Sustainability.
- A Customizable Office.
- Increased Productivity and Performance
- A Happier, Healthier Work-Life.
- Flexible schedule.
- No office distraction.
- No crowd and traffic.
- More time with loved ones.